Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hey there!

So, I guess to start off with I should say something about myself. My name is Elizabeth M. Harbour and I'm from New Mexico, born and raised. There is nothing truly special about me, just normal stuff. I'm the youngest and I have one older sister, Emily. The age difference between my sister and I is about 9 years, so having a close sisterly best friend-ish relationship was hard to get. I love her and the rest of my family but closeness is hard for me. I attend school in Santa Fe, which is an amazing town when you don't live there. I'm on the swim and dive team for my high school and I'm in the schools band. I'll probably be posting about both those things in the future and if you plan to make, "This one time at band camp..." Jokes, don't be surprised if I'm not shocked about them. I do ride motorcycles and spend time with my lovely friends. I'm just a normal teenager, for the most part. This last year for me, has been truly insane. High school is a war zone all on it's own but my life took a couple of strange twists. In November, 25th to be exact, I held my grandfathers hand for the last time. It tore me apart when 3 days later we laid him in the ground. Exactly 3 months later, January 25th, My sister gave birth to her first child. Ella Louise Hamilton was born in my bath tub and she is the prize of our family. You can call it what you want, but I believe that my grandfather sent Ella to us. Somewhere in that 3 month span I had my wrist broken and lost my chance to go to state for swimming. I was thrilled that Isabel, My amazing friend, took my place on the relay team and went. You'll learn more about me later as I continue to go, but that was just to catch you up.


I guess one of the reasons I'm doing this blog is to just write and share about the things I'm going through. Mostly it's going to be just day to day stuff with a dash of pure excitement snuck in when no one is expecting it. The other main reason I've started this blog was because I was told to do so by my poetry teacher, Mr. Kavanagh. I'm supposed to be able to put my work out there so other people can read it and I can see how it impacts others. So my writing is going to be a main part of my blog too. Lets be honest, You can't expect my writing to be so freaking amazing that it brings you to tears but I do ask that you give it a chance. It's become a part of who I am. Probably the last reason I started this blog, was so I can look back and see how far I've come. I'm really going to try and keep this updated. It's so I can see my own little adventures. I wish I was going on a huge, life changing journey like one of my best friends Isabel. She's spending a full year in Turkey for schooling next year, and I couldn't be more thrilled for her. But I guess my daily life will have to do for the time being. I'll start my poems and thoughts soon.
~Goodbye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment