Monday, April 22, 2013

An Ode to Oreos

So today was a Monday. A regular and normal Monday; it was so sad. I did actually go to the gym with my friend, Izzy. I ran for 3 miles, biked 9 miles, did my core work out ( 20 sit ups, 10 push ups, 30 second plank, 20 second wall sit, Repeat 5 times!!), Then I lifted weights, and swam a 600 (24 laps). I swear, I am usually not that crazy when it comes to exercise, but I had a lot of time on my hands. Let's be honest, I wasn't actually going to write about anything today due to the facts I have an awful case of writer's block. But I will write something because my dear friend, Ian, Told me to. So I will post something because he told me I should. I generally do what Ian says, but now he owes me something spectacular, and something else, and an adventure. He should really get on that (If you're reading this Ian, YOU PROMISED!!!)

Here is a poem I like, But everyone else hates. It's probably my shortest poem ever.


"An Ode To Oreos" 
Oh Oreo,
You're America's favorite cookie,
Black crunchy sides,
White cream center,
Like a fluffy pillow of pure joy.
First you twist,
Then it breaks,
But still,
The perfect cookie
To dunk in milk.
That catchy Jingle,
O.R.E.O

My ode to oreos,
The positively, undeniably,
Hands down, 100%,
Grossest cookie I've ever eaten.
Reaching my list of don'ts,
Oreos are right up there with,
The flavor red, Vampires,
Fractions, Bananas,
And not to mention,
Steve Carell and Bobby Flay.
I prove to you,
Dear Oreos,
You are not a fan to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment