I wrote what I was thinking the other day, and this is what I came up with. I wrote it like a letter. It's kinda girly and dumb....
"Kaleidoscope Confessions."
Dear You,
Your green eyes make me nervous,
Your dark hair grabs at my attention,
Your smile lets me see
How perfect you are.
You're funny and smart,
Nice and caring,
Real and my best friend,
You stand by me,
To pull me back down to Earth.
Clumsy, silly, messy us,
Made me question everything we were,
When you kissed me
At the stroke of midnight,
Like were were standing
In the sprinklers,
Of fairy tale's drive way.
And you held me,
Arms wrapped around mine,
Lightly touching skin,
Fingers intertwined.
You whispered how it was going to be okay,
When I was afraid of what was before us.
And you laughed,
A light hint,
Letting me know you cared.
We were playful,
Teasing and wrestling,
Where you'd always win,
And I'd always deny it.
You fucked with my head,
My thoughts were unclear,
Day dreams grabbed me by the wrist,
Pulling me to where ever you were.
But after I closed the door goodnight,
We watched the back of our hands,
As nothing else happened,
And we wore awkward
Around our necks.
That was it,
Never spoken out loud,
About what had happened.
You left me in a state in the past,
As you attempted another trial
To swoon my friend number seven.
Apparently,
You should never give up on something,
If you really want it.
But what if it doesn't want you back?
So,
I wont call it giving up,
It'll be a road trip
Away from that one night,
I'll send our friendship post cards,
I'll sign all of them
With a question and a Statement,
And End it with,
Sincerely Yours<3
No comments:
Post a Comment